Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflections

Happy New Year to all.

I really do not know how to describe my 2008. It started off with my enlistment into the SAF. My failure to get into command school and my disappointingly average A-Level grades. Then came my overseas posting which luckily, came attached with a 5-month long experience in HQ Armour.

It has been a good journey so far. No doubt, it came with its own share of heartbreaks and sorrows. Pain came and went, hardships have passed. But the happy memories of the year still remain.

I have to say that my decision to come here has been a very good one. It has taught me to value the simple things in life more. It taught me to be a lot more independent. I mean, I was independent to begin with, but this has brought the game to a whole new level.

However, the most important lesson that I have learnt is to look for the positives in life. This is something that everyone should try and inculcate. It changes ones whole outlook on life and on key events that may happen.

I hope 2009 will be a much better year for all. No resolutions for me. They are overrated and forces you to try and adhere to something that you do not enjoy, only for you to think back at the end of the year and realise that your resolutions were not kept.

No comments: