Saturday, September 27, 2008

Service

Till now, I felt that only Apple had a decent RMA procedure where service, location and time taken is considered. Now I have found another company. Western Digital.

Recently I had to RMA one of my drives. Please, no questions asking me which one. But anyway, I went down one day. Admittedly, finding the correct building was not easy without a map, but I managed. Took a temp pass from the security counter and proceeded to RMA my drive.

Before hand, a RMA application would have to be done online. When I met the lady, and gave her my RMA number, she went to a room and printed some documents on which I had to sign. Then. it was done. All in a matter of about 10 mins. And the best part, they deliver the drive to your doorstep. Now, what else can be stopping others from buying WD drives? I see no reason.

No comments: